Saturday, June 13, 2015

For the fun of it...

I've been kind of lost since my last race.  This year has not gone according to plan.  Partly due to things out of my control and partly due things in my control. 

Since my race schedule has been cleared, mostly because of the ridiculously wet spring, I am currently without a race to train for.  So I'm taking the rest of June off, at least from any organized training.  I'm going to ride when I feel like it and sit on my fat ass when I don't. 

Once July rolls around, I'll get back to piling on base miles and speedwork to hopefully be ready for the fall DORBA XC MTB Series (that is cross country not cyclocross).  I'll be shifting from long endurance races, too shorter balls out races.  I guess like going from marathon to 5/10k races.  These XC races hurt, FACE AND PUKE PACE for about 60-75 minutes depending on the course length.

The fall series hasn't been announced yet because only a handful of trails are even open right now.  I'm assuming that later in the summer, when more trails are open something will be announced.  The races are a big revenue generator for the DORBA (Dallas Off Road Bike Association) so they will probably put at least a handful of races on.  Fingers crossed.

So for the rest of June I'm going relax and enjoy.  And spend a week in northern Arizona.  My bike is coming along this year!!!  Woohoo, I get to fall on new dirt and rocks!

1 comment:

Melisa @ Accidental Runner said...

Good for you, buddy. Glad to see you back where you belong.