Saturday, December 12, 2015

Oak Cliff Nature Preserve

Was able to get out on the MTB for the first time since I rode with Doug in Dayton, OH.  Oak Cliff Nature Preserve is typically a pretty fast and flowing trail with some punching climbs and some minor technical elements.  It was nice getting out on the bike even though the trail was like a slip and slide.  The roots and rocks on the trail were slick as glass and the dirt was super tacky.  Just rolling took quite a bit of effort.  Climbing was a nightmare, as soon as you stood up to try to power up a hill, your rear will would spin and you were walking.

Parker and I ended up wiping out pretty hard at different places.  I caught a tree with my rear while as I was coming off a small drop.  I stopped my bike temporarily but I kept moving forwards.  Once all my weight was over the front wheel the bike broke loose and I ass dirt.  My left shoulder and elbow are pretty sore and aching but over all I don't think I'm hurt.  Then at a creek crossing Parker stuck his front wheel in some mud and went down hard.  His bike slammed down and bend the sear rails.  He got to ride back on a tilted seat and some pretty bruised quads and knee.  After those falls we decided to head back to the trail head and call it a day.  No sense in getting someone hurt.  We got an hour+ ride in.  So we packed up and went of to grab some lunch.


Since there were only a few trails open OCNP was packed.  We had to park on the street.

Taking a picture break.

Lots of signs.

People put all kinds of signs up in this section. 

No comments: