Thursday, December 10, 2015

WTF Bike

I kind of knew there was an issue but didn't realize the extent of it until I got out on my bike this afternoon.

I haven't ridden much in the last month but the rides I have done have left me tired and out of breath.  At first, I though that I might be the problem.  That I might have lost some cardio or actually put on some weight but quickly dismissed that as crazy talk.  There is no way I am the actual problem.

It's my fucking bike.

My bike is getting fat and is making all my rides harder than they should be.  Thanks to my bike's lack of self control, I was almost passed by two roadies this evening.  I was eventually able to drop them on a short climb.  They were crushed by their defeat, gave up, and turned.  I am sure they turned out of shame and not because they were actually going a different direction than me.

So as of now my bike is on a strict diet.  No more sneaking into the kitchen for ice cream.  BAD BIKE, VERY BAD BIKE!!!

No comments: