Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Is it Easter already?

As you can see in the picture, little Samantha is already sporting her bunny ears in an attempt to get on the Easter bunnies good side. It seems like this year is going by so fast. In a couple of weeks, Karie, Samantha, and I will be headed to Arizona to spend a long weekend out near Sedona with Dan. I am looking forward to getting out of town a little bit and relaxing. My boss has graciously allowed us to use his second house in Phoenix and his lake house up in Munds Park, AZ. It is so pretty up there. I think right now we are planning on seeing the Grand Canyon and Sedona and possibly some hiking if Samantha will let us. It all depends on her mood. I really would like to do a hike that Karie and I did last time we were up in that area.  I think Dan will really enjoy it.

Sorry, this post is going to ramble a little bit since I have a lot of disjointed thoughts in my head right now. While my family (Karie, Samantha, and myself) is doing very well, it seems like my extending family is not. A lot of personal and health issues that seem to be pulling everyone down. It's hard to sit back and all I can do is listen or offer a kind word. Just to sit their powerless to offer and real assistance and then to go home and realize how lucky I am. To have a good wife, good baby, good, job, good life... I am sure my family will persevere and push through the issues and come out stronger for it.  I can only hope and pray and let God do his work.

No comments: