Monday, March 14, 2011

Rocky Mountain Oysters


This is a picture of me eating a Rocky Mountain Oyster. On the road trip I took with my brothers and sister we stopped for dinner at the Big Texan in Amarillo. My older brother decided to order an appetizer with Fried Mushrooms, Fried Jalapenos, and Fried Calf Testicles (Rocky mountain oysters). He ordered this because he was hoping I would try one and either puke or freak out. However, when I tried one, I rather liked them. They tasted to me like Dairy Queen steak fingers, which I adore. This realization lead me to believe that Dairy Queen has been feeding me testicles all my life under the name of "Steak Finger." The funniest thing was when the waiter dropped off the platter he didn't tell us what was what.  My older brother assumed all of the items would be separate and they weren't! He had to call the waiter back to make him identify the mushrooms from the testicles.  My brothers just could not bring themselves to try them.

So after dinner on Saturday, I got to hear my brothers make endless jokes about me having balls in my mouth.  The joys of having brothers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool Blog. I'm going to refrain from making a comment about my son eating "Rocky Mountain Oysters" but you've got balls my son. MJR