Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Losing Weight...

The last year has not been kind to me in the weight department.  I have put on about 40 pounds and I am not happy about it.  Up to this point, I have started and restarted and restarted my workout programs but haven't been able to get any traction.
One of my biggest problems is that Kevin isn't able to get out on his road or mountain bike due to time and health issues.  It's not that I can't ride without him it's just not as fun.  My older brother and I even commented that there seems to be less daredevil stuff and laughing on our rides without Kevin.  He was the comic relief a lot of the time.  I used to look forward to my Saturday mornings because that was our day we always got together pack the mountain bikes into my truck and head out on our Saturday adventure.  Sometimes it was only 30 minutes away and sometimes it was 2-3 hours away.  It was my time to be with my brothers and to relax.  To laugh at the stupid shit we will do when all of us are together.  Trust me, there has been a lot of stupid shit over there years.  Most of it ending with the phrase "Dooooooooood, are you alright!?!?!?!"

Time has been another factor.  I don't like eating into my family time with workouts because I like spending time with my family.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been able to start to get into a routine that allows me to get some workouts in without impact my family time too much.  David and I have started doing our Saturday rides again and it feels good to get out and hopefully Kevin will be back with us soon, asking us to sip from his power teet and mooning us from his bike.

Along with some strength training and some other cardio mixed in I should be able to start getting back into shape.

I am trying to get 30 lbs dropped by the end of the year and another 20 pounds before the second baby comes along.  Which will be another challenge for the workouts.

I just take it one day at a time...

No comments: