Monday, September 26, 2011

Samantha

Samantha doesn't have a clue what is about to happen to her world early next year.  Samantha will never remember a time when she didn't have a little sister.  She is just too young to remember any time when it was just here in the house.  In her mind, the new babies room is just another room for her to play in.  It really upset her while I was painting that she was not allowed in there to help me.  She saw me doing some really cool stuff and wanted to join in so badly. 

I would have let her help but I just didn't have the energy to watch her that closely and I am sure I would be the one having to clean all the paint out of her hair.  And from what I have read lately the acetone in the latex paints are not suppose to good for pregnant women or babies.  So I tried to keep them out of the fumes as much as possible.

Well back to the original point.  Karie and I have had some discussions and we are curious how much regression we will see in Samantha when Rebecca comes along.  I am assuming we will see some around the bottles and the pacifiers.  Samantha never really took to the pacifiers but I am sure that one Rebecca has them Samantha will decided that she must have them also.  It's going to be a fun ride. 

While we were putting the new crib together, which is identical to Samantha's, she kept trying to climb into it.  I told her that is was a bed and that she didn't want to be in there.  But she didn't listen to her daddy.  Once I put her in the new crib is immediatley realized what is was and decided that she did NOT want to go "Nigh Nigh".

Karie got a good laugh out of this one.  We feel bad sometimes about how much we laugh at Samantha but we can't help it, little ones are pretty damn funny! 


No comments: