Thursday, November 17, 2011

What?!?

Karie had another baby appointment today and after an hour wait we finally got to hear Rebecca's heart beat (162 bpm).  It was well worth that wait, I really love that swooshing sound.  However, Samantha wasn't sure what to make of it, at first she was upset because she didn't know what the doctor was doing to mommy.  After a few moments, she started to smile.

 As we were leaving the office, we go into the elevator and a few people join us for the ride down.  For some reason people are really pulled to Samantha.  Maybe it is that way with all little kids, but it seems like a lot of people go out of their way to talk to Samantha.  The people in the elevator say "Hi' and Samantha smiles at them.  They continue to look at Samantha then out of nowhere Samantha says very loudly and very clearly "What!?!" with about as much attitude that a 17 month old can muster.  (All you parents out there will understand that is a lot of attitude)

I laugh, but I also see visions of things to come.  I envision Samantha as a teenager staring at me saying "What!?!"

Well Karie was baffled by this behavior because she can't imagine where Samantha would have learned such a thing.  Unfortunately daddy knew exactly where she learned it.  Whenever Samantha gets into a staring mood and stares at me, I look back and say "What?"

Lesson learned.

No comments: