Monday, July 10, 2017

Knob Hills MTB Trail

So last Saturday I got a chance to get out to a trail that I haven't ridden in a quite a while.  It's probably been 6+ years since my last ride out there.  It was an out and back trail last time and now it's completely looped with about 12+ miles of single track.




One of the reasons I went out there was to check out the trail since it is part of Judgement Day.

Luckily most of the technical stuff is beyond what I will have to ride for Judgement Day.  However, there are 2 steep climbs that are included.  I feel on one of them and had to walk the other one.

Climb 1 - I should be able to make this.  I wasn't expecting the climb and didn't have enough momentum.

Climb 2 - I'll still probably walk this on race day because I'm going to be getting tired and I probably won't want to waste a bunch of energy trying to get over those steps while climbing


I feel pretty good about what I have to ride here and it shouldn't be a problem.  But it's going to be HOT here.  It's off Lake Grapevine and it will be humid.

There is only one trail left on the list I haven't ever ridden, Harry Moss, but I hear it's pretty easy.  And I haven't seen LB Houston or Johnson Branch in a while.  LB Houston is flat as a pancake so I might try to his JB this weekend if possible.

No comments: