Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Cannondale said "Yes!"

I finally received a call from BikePlus and Cannondale has accepted my warranty request on my frame.  The warranty guy (evidently there is only one) at Cannondale was on vacation last week and that is the reason for the ridiculously long wait time.

Unfortunately, my Cannondale will not be ready for this weekends race.  I will still be on my single speed, my knee is already aching in joyous anticipation!

The frame will probably get to the bike shop early next week and I should have it back by next weekend.  Just in time for me to head out of town for the weekend.  Oh well, I'll ride it when I get back.

When you do a warranty replacement you never really know what you are going to get.  Of course you will get the equivalent or better. But you never know what color it might be.  I was lucky on my last frame because Trek called me and asked what custom colors I would like on my frame.  My twin brother wasn't so luck with his last replacement frame, he got a stark white frame with red accents.

Unfortunately they don't have any of the solid matte black carbon frames like I had previously.  The replacement will be the Cannondale team colors, black, while, and green.  I am really hoping I will get an upgrade to a 2015 F-Si frame (pictured below).  But a replacement with this color scheme would be okay too. Cannondale has some ugly as frames and I am keeping my fingers crossed one of those doesn't show up.



 Since it's a new frame it's like I'm getting a brand new bike!

BIKE! BIKE! BIKE!

No comments: