Sunday, May 10, 2015

29.4

This morning I weighed in at 224.4.  That means I have 29.4 pounds to lose to get down to race weight (195lbs).  Around 200 lbs is a good day to day weight for me but I really need to be below 200 for the races in the fall.  Those races are 15-20 mile sprint races and not like the 4 to 12 hour endurance races I am doing right now.  

Today is mother's day.  I did most of the mother's day stuff for Karie yesterday because we spend mother's day at my parent's house celebrating birthdays for my sister, sister-in-law, aunt, and mother's day for my mom.  There will be lots of food and goodies.  I will try to control myself.  

I was hoping to sleep in a little this morning because of the extremely loud thunder storms running through last night.  Nope!  Samantha came into our room early this morning because she heard another storm.  UGH.  All the local MTB trails are under water right now.  Erwin park has been closed pretty all year.  It closed after the 6 hour race in January and hasn't been open since.  At the current rate, it probably won't be open until July.  Sucks!!!

I think we have received 5-6 inches of rain in the last 24-48 hours here.  Some parts of North Texas have received 10-12 inches of rain.  There are some pretty bad flooding issues going on in some areas.

I am starting to worry that my 12 hour race will be canceled West Texas hasn't received the same amount of rain but they are having some flooding issue also.  A rider posted this picture of Palo Duro yesterday.  The dirt in Palo Duro Canyon is not friendly when it's wet or damp.  It turns into this red mucky mess that just destroys bike components and when it dries it's impossible to get off.  



I feel like Mother Nature woke up in January and realized "Holy Shit, I forgot to water Texas of the last 2 years" and has decided to make up for it.

No comments: