Friday, May 8, 2015

Back at it...

It's been a long while since I have updated my blog.  I had actually been using the blog on MFP but lost all of those blog entries when I deactivated my account.  That really sucked.  I had some nice race reports out there.  Oh well.

I am stuck!  My weight has creeped back up to 225 lbs and no matter what I try I can't seem to get it to come down.  Actually let me change that statement, I can't seem to control my eating.  I am doing more than enough exercise to lose the weight, but I am just out eating my calorie burn.  I will start every day with the best intentions and then at some point I get derailed.  I am hoping that putting some of this out there will help me to get my head on straight.  

Ever since Henry was born I have been struggling with getting into a good routine.  The amount of sleep I get changes from night to night depending on which kiddo decides to get up because they are thirsty, scared, lonely, etc.  The ridiculous rainy spring has put me on the road way more than I would like and there have been very few actual mountain bike rides this year.  And I have actually been sick way more this year than ever.  That is probably tied to the sleep.  

I have been letting all of these things get to me way more than they should.  I know, I know.  It sounds like I am making excuses and I should just HTFU and get it done.  I'm trying.   But I am failing.

But I haven't given up yet!  I still get up and tell myself today is the day I get my shit together.


So my goal is to get down to race weight by the time the North Texas XC Race series rolls around this fall.  That will give me roughly 4 - 4.5 months to drop 25-30 lbs.  

I really need to get some weight off if I expect to be able to hang in the single speed category this fall.  

AND GO!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We've both got this, buddy!! I'll hold you accountable and you can hold me accountable. Or, at very least, we can laugh at each other for being so fat.

Unknown said...

You can do this!!! I know you can! And I love it that you have a blog!

Unknown said...

Since we got back from visiting you guys, we've been trying to drop some weight too. Neither of us are happy where we're at. We are exactly the opposite though, we are doing well at the eating thing but come up with every excuse to not exercise. Let's do this!